Sunday, February 17, 2008

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone:

* # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. when your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them his code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either.If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones .

Feel Free..........................

3 comments:

Kasun (කසුන්) said...

hmmm... I don't know whether they can disable the whole phone... Even if they can there should be a method to enable it back. Unless if they can fry the circuits with a signal. Anyway, apple iPhone has a method to track a stolen phone using its built in GPS.

But anyway, you should know more than me about this matter as a telecom eng. I'm a materials eng. :D

Good article by the way.

Uditha Wijesinghe said...

Dear friend,
Thanks for the comment and i have to say i am not an eng.just a student on that way.
Actually Mobiles companies can track our phones(I ll publish another article about that system).

currently many users use some tracking softwares for this fact.we can easily track our stolen phonen using this kind of softwares.

Unknown said...

Recently I lost my mobile with two SIMs from same service provider and when I complain to them with EMI number of the phone they told me that they can only block SIM and told to log a complain to police and with the complain copy report to TRC.
But I didnt go to police as it will cost me more than the lost phone.